|Love that shine|
Next it was on to the seats. I cut up the plywood and got it to fit in the space with about 1/16" clearance all around.
|A nice fit|
|Starting the round-over|
|Holes bored for air escape|
Next up was the foam material. I cut that to shape using the plywood as a guide.
|Two inch thick foam|
|Chamfer marked out|
|It really helped to oil the knife blade|
|Chairs with foam|
|Three of four marked out|
I learned a little about sewing terminology and technique recently. I was concerned about the fabric fraying after I cut it. The lady at the fabric store said to use "pinking shears" to minimize fraying and fortunately my wife has a pair.
|Zig-zag cutting pattern|
|Compression jig in action|
|Corner #1 half done|
|Corner #4 complete and upholstery done|
|I'm mumbling: "It's a Swingline. It's my stapler." (reference to Milton in "Office Space")|
This box just barely lasted through this project, but just in case I got some more. The new ones look a little different (cheaper), but fortunately the old ones lasted with just a few to spare. Curious to see if the new ones were bogus, I tried out them out and they fit my stapler just fine and seemed to work good, too.
|Bought this ~15 years ago for reupholstering chairs of an old dining table|
|Out with the old ...|
|... and in with the new|